In this post, we’ll see how to create a directory in the Hadoop File System for HDInsight’s windows version.
Here are the steps:
1. You have the Microsoft® HDInsight Preview for Windows Installed on your machine. Here’s a tutorial: Installing HDInsight (Microsoft’s Hadoop) on windows 7
2. Make sure that the Cluster is up & running! To check this, I click on the “Microsoft HDInsight Dashboard” or open http://localhost:8085/ on my machine
Did you get any “wait for cluster to start..” message? No? Great! Hopefully, all your services are working perfectly and you are good to go now!
3. Let’s start the Hadoop Command Line (can you see the Icon on the Desktop? Yes? Great! Open that!)
4. Here the command to create a directory looks like:
hadoop fs -mkdir /user/data/input
The above command creates /user/data/input
5. Let’s verify that the input directory was created under /user/data
hadoop fs -ls /user/data
In this post, we saw how to create a directory in Hadoop (on windows) file system and also we saw how to list files/directory using the -ls command.
- How to Load Twitter data into Hadoop on Azure cluster and then analyze it via Hive add-in for excel?
- Visualizing MapReduce Algorithm with WordCount Example:
- End to End Demo: Hadoop (HDInsight) + Hive + Excel + Power View + Azure Data Market